OCTOBER is not only Child Safety month but National Window Cord Safety month too; and let’s face it, its not only children that are unpredictable, its pets, roommates and guests too. In a blink of an eye seemingly harmless objects can become dangerous – especially with little ones! Budget Blinds is a leader in child safety and not to mention, we carry one of the best warranty polices in the industry. With this, we are able to not only offer safe solutions and window treatments, but also stylish and classy options that fit into your budget! Check it out <>
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) declared window covering cords as one of the top five “hidden hazards” in the home for strangulation and asphyxiation in children. That’s why Budget Blinds is committed to providing innovative and beautiful products that meet today’s safety standards for your home.
– WINDOW COVERINGS CAN BE CHILD FRIENDLY AND PET FRIENDLY –
Tracy Christman, Budget Blinds’ Vice President of Vendor Alliance (and a mother herself) shares, ”From cordless products that protect children from potentially harmful dangling cords to security-grade window film that protects your home during destructive weather, Budget Blinds is your source for window coverings that keep you and your family safe at home.”
1. Cordless Lift System – raise and lower blinds and shades easily with one hand, eliminating the need for cords
2. Motorization – battery-operated remote control allows you to raise, lower, tilt or open and close your window coverings with the touch of a button. No hard wiring is required and you can operate up to five windows from one remote
3. Spring-assist Clutch – built-in system to raise and lower window shades that eliminates dangling cords.
4. Shutters – cord-free window covering that is perfectly safe around children and pets.
5. Sliding Track System – beautiful alternative to vertical blinds for sliding glass doors and side-to-side openings, the sliding track operation eliminates the need for cords or chains.
” IT’S A GREAT IDEA TO TAKE STOCK of all your window coverings AND ENSURE protective measures ARE IN PLACE – AND IF THEY AREN’T, TO SEE WHAT SOLUTIONS need to be instituted.”
– BUDGET BLINDS
- Move cribs, beds or other furniture that children can climb on away from windows.
- Be sure continuous-loop cords are firmly secured to the wall or floor
- Add break-away tassels and cord stops to eliminate cord hazard.
- Wand control for blinds is an alternative to dangling cords.
- Keep all cords as short as possible, out of children’s reach
- Use cordless blinds or shades where children are able to reach the window.
Most of our window coverings at Budget Blinds can be cordless or motorized giving you endless possibilities to find your own personal design style (and we can help when needed!)
Some of our most popular cordless window treatments include:
- Woven wood shades, unique, natural beauty with optional light control liner
- Roller Shades, available in over 100 screen styles
- Cellular shades, for light filtering and privacy
- Solar Shades, control your environment, interior or exterior installation
- Roman Shades, soft folds in a full spectrum of luxurious fabrics
- Faux wood blinds, resist moisture and reduce solar heat
- Shutters, interior shutters can be custom fit to virtually any shape window
Whether you prefer traditional, contemporary, formal or casual surroundings, we can help you find window treatments you will love. One phone call brings hundreds of samples right into your home so you can design the windows of your dreams. Call (651) 351 – 7620 or go online to www.budgetblinds.com/Stillwater and let’s schedule your FREE in-home consultation!