Enjoy Ultimate Convenience with Motorized Blinds and Shades
There’s something almost magical with all the smart home technology that is available today, am I right? Even if you aren’t super tech-minded, you have to agree how cool it is to monitor and direct your home from a remote, phone or tablet, even when you are away. You can lock or unlock doors, set timers, adjust temperatures, turn lights on and off, and visually check on pets, children and caregivers. Remember the old saying, “Mom has eyes in the back of her head?” Well, technology (and Budget Blinds) can make that happen!
LITTLE HISTORY FOR YOU: In 1926 the first electric garage door opener was invented, before that people had to manually open and close heavy garage doors (what!). The “lazy bones” wire-connected TV remote was invented in 1950, and the first wireless TV remote was introduced in 1955 – before that people had to get up to change the channel or adjust the volume! As amazing as they were when they were invented, now they are the norm. We don’t even think twice about it and the remote control of so many things in the home is just expected. Entire homes are automated for entry, security, heating and cooling, with timers on everything from coffee makers to showers.
Now you can motorize your window coverings with Budget Blinds®. Imagine the luxury of closing the blinds, shades or drapes without having to get up to close or adjust them when the glare on the TV gets distracting or you just want privacy when the sun goes down. No need to disturb the sleeping baby in your arms or interrupt the movie. It’s the ultimate convenience for a comfortable, functional home.
THE MAGIC OF SOMFY:
Budget Blinds offers motorization from Somfy®, the world’s leading manufacturer of specialized motors and control systems for 30 years. The range of control options includes wireless wall switches, hand-held remotes, timers and the newest tech advances:
- Somfy® MyLinkTM app for whole home automation – making customization, security (and style) that much easier!
- Virtual CordTM control (available on our private label Signature Series® cellular and pleated shades) provides quiet operation and clean design for single or multiple window channels.
- Remotes and mobile devices to control all the window coverings in your home. No hard wiring is required and you can operate up to five windows from one remote (so cool!)
Budget Blinds’ motorized window coverings simplify operations so homeowners can have peace of mind and live more productive lives.
IT’S SAFETY AND CONVENIENCE:
- Cordless window coverings are the safest option in homes with children and pets. Dangling cords are one of the five hidden home hazards as defined by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, resulting in strangulation deaths of approximately 12 children per year.
- Hard-to-reach windows are tamed by motorization, eliminating the need for stools or stepladders that can be a danger to children or anyone unsteady on their feet.
- Heavy blinds or drapery, such as on patio doors or a wall of windows, can easily be opened and closed to control sunlight and privacy.
- Timers can program window coverings to open and close so your home appears occupied even while you are away.
- Battery-operated remote controls allow you to raise, lower, tilt or open and close your window coverings with the touch of a button.
IT’S SAVING ENERGY AND COSTS:
The U.S. Department of Energy projects that heat gain and loss can be reduced by 25% with proper window treatments designed for energy efficiency.
Motorization is one way to ensure optimum performance from your window treatments – and it’s so easy too – let us help you!
- Program your window coverings to close when the sun is bright, providing UV protection for home furnishing to keep fabrics, rugs, upholstery and artwork from fading.
- Sensors can be installed on some systems to signal motorized window coverings to close when the sun’s at its hottest. A more neutralized temperature will lessen the need to run heating and air, reducing your energy costs year round.
- Solar shades on a patio, deck or porch can provide complete control of that environment. You can close the shades for protection from the sun, wind or rain, or open the shades to admit sunlight and breezes.
Last month was National Window Covering Safety Month. But, that’s just one reason to check into motorized window coverings. The convenience and energy savings (and style) you’ll experience with motorized blinds, shades and drapes will have you wondering why you waited so long! Call 651-351-7620 today to schedule a FREE, in-home consultation. We will put the eyes in the back of your head and create seamless and chic style too! We come to you, no need to leave the comfort of your home, call us today to schedule your FREE design consultation!