Specialty Window Treatments for your stylish home!
Covering glass doors with window treatments can be challenging, especially if you want the doors to match or coordinate with nearby windows. Traditional blinds, shades and drapes that are beautiful on windows can present some unique problems with doors:
- Blinds on doors are notorious for shifting and banging every time the door is opened…
- Curtains or shades can add unwanted bulk as well as dangling cords…
- Vertical blinds are not everyone’s cup of tea, plus you have the shifting/banging of a blind…
Happily, shutters are an ideal solution for covering doors of all types, including French doors, sliding doors and patio doors, and they make excellent shuttered closet doors.
Budget Blinds offers many styles, colors and finishes in shutters so you can find the perfect custom solution for your doors, with real wood shutters, composite shutters, Plantation shutters or aluminum shutters. We will help you find the right shutter to address any challenges you may have with covering doors:
- Movement – doors are opened and closed many times a day and require unimpeded access
- Door knobs or handles that get in the way of traditional window coverings
- Maybe you want to downplay the door so it becomes more background than feature
- Maybe you want to spotlight your beautiful French doors or patio doors
- Privacy, lighting and ventilation
Shutters are securely attached directly to the door so there is no possibility of movement. Unlike blinds or shades that have a top attachment, framed shutters surround the glass for permanent placement.
Door knobs and handles
Custom cutouts can accommodate any type of door handle. Other options are to switch to a regular door knob that will not require so much space, or add a stem extension to a handle, lifting it so the shutter can fit underneath while still allowing full operation.
Highlighting or downplaying a door’s architectural features
Keeping shutters the same color as the door will help them blend with their surroundings. In a room of neutral colors, bright shutters will become a focal point, commanding attention. Conversely, matching shutters will help to create a seamless color palette.
Privacy, lighting and ventilation
Adjustable louvers, with slat sizes of 2-1/2”, 3-1/2” and 4-1/2”, give shutters superb light and privacy control. The wider the slat, the more open the view, and closed shutters provide complete privacy and light blocking. You can adjust for any value in between by manipulating the louvers. A divider rail allows for separate top and bottom adjustment for even greater light and privacy control–the top half can have open louvers to let in natural light, with the bottom half closed for privacy.
Additionally, hinged, bi-fold or sliding panel shutters can cover a wide expanse of glass, including doors and windows, and offer the option of a completely open view by folding out of the way. Especially on patio doors, shutters allow for good ventilation; you can open the door and adjust the shutters to let in just the right amount of air.
Lots of color and finish options to choose offer an incredible array of design options, and their clean, classic look is compatible with any home décor style.
- Always cordless, they are a child-safe option for any home
- If you love curtains, add a valance above the door for a pop of color, or coordinate with other window treatments in the room by using the same fabric
- Wider slats create a more modern look, narrow slats are more traditional
- Real wood shutters are highest grade North American hardwood, harvested from certified forests to help conserve the environment
- Composite shutters look like real wood, but are made from synthetic materials so they are highly moisture resistant for areas of high humidity like kitchens and bathrooms
- Plantation shutters offer timeless style, with tilt-rod or hidden-tilt control
- Motorization is available on many styles for the ultimate in convenience
Don’t let challenging doors keep you from having beautiful, coordinated window coverings throughout your home. Call 651 – 351 – 7620 to schedule your FREE, in-home consultation! We bring samples and design guides as inspiration so you can have the best-dressed doors in town! 🙂
Always on-trend and stylish, Budget Blinds also offers innovative window fashion design with blinds, shades, soft treatments like drapes and valances and exquisite decorative drapery hardware to ensure that you get the perfect window coverings for your home.